Monday, February 13, 2017

Owl Collage

I started taking an art class with our homeschool group. This is one of the projects I just finished doing with the class. We used magazine pages, colored paper, graphite paper, glue, and scissors. Everyone in the class go too choose an animal reference picture, and a whole bunch of magazine pages. My reference picture came out of animal calendar. As soon as I saw this picture I said "That is the one I am doing."

My reference picture  

 The teacher of the art class said to look for the big shapes in your pictures first, because looking for all the small shapes will become overwhelming and will make you feel like the project is way too difficult for you. I started out with two cutouts: the main part of the body and the stick.

The main part of the body 
I then started going a little bit more advanced. I added four more cutouts: the head, wing, the little hourglass shape, and then there is also a little white next to the stick that represents part of the owl's leg. 

Detail adding 
This is when the owl is almost completed. I added the foot and a few different layers on the wing. I also added the eyes and beak of the reference picture. 
  
 Mostly finished 

Here my owl is finished.
finished

Idazle











1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent idea exercise and you conveyed the owl concept nicely.

    ReplyDelete

A card

 Just a birthday card.