Thursday, February 2, 2017

My progress through Sketching faces and portraits

Okay so I have never taken the time to sit down and write any thing on this blog. Part of the reason for that is because I forgot I even made it. So I am now going to try to get a few posts up so that it is not so empty.

I have been working on sketch faces. I personally don't like all of them but I have fun drawing them. Most of my sketches that I don't really like end up growing on me.


SO here's what I was doing before I really started working on my sketches. I was leaning towards the  Japanese Styles Manga: Shojo, Shoujo, Shounen, Kodoma, Chibi, and Redisu. Using those styles and mixing them and combining.


Mixing styles

mixing styles

Mixing styles 

Staying more Shojo




 Then I started going for a little more realistic sketches. I still went for big eyes and some of the different manga traits.
a little more realistic
 
a little more realistic




After doing some more realistic sketches I started deciding to go even more realistic and giving my portraits more feeling. As I keep sketch I slowly am noticing a difference in my art.

first time trying new idea

second time 

third time

fourth time

fifth time 

sixth time

seventh time

2 comments:

  1. Hello Evelyn. I discovered your two blogs today after you commented on Little Bird. I have read both f them now and commend you both for your initiative and the perseverance in your work. It isn't easy to keep a blog, especially if you aren't sure if anyone looks at it, but do keep on. Maybe your family is encouraging, but you have a couple new viewers now.
    Great improvement in the series of face drawings you show in your post. Keep up the good work. My favorite is the first thing one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah for your comment it was supper encouraging.

      Delete

A card

 Just a birthday card.